Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Our Home"...dated & loving it!!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

 
Good Morning Friends....It seems it has been so long since I posted here on my blog!.....& I have so missed it & all of you!......These last 6 weeks have been spent preparing for moving, actually moving & then attending to everything that was moved!!...I'm sure many of you know exactly how it feels!
    I am so happy to say that our household is settling down a bit! The house we bought was built in the late 80's, so needless to say I am embracing lots of "brass" in the form of faucets, chandeliers, ceiling fans, etc. etc!....The house is very dated, but that is really what we were looking for...a house with "projects", that we can slowly over time, fix-up, re-do....make our own!....As nice as some of these "flipped" houses are these days, they were just not for us!....I like "quirky" & "interesting" & "personal"...not cookie cutter!....So this house is perfect for us!
    I am looking forward to showing you our progress, as we tackle one room at a time!....I know I so enjoy seeing that on many of your blogs, so thought it might be fun to join in too!
Wishing you all a fabulous Thursday!
Off to hang a quilt!
Heidi
xo
 
Above Photo:
(Glimpse of our "living/dining" room....I am loving the colors or lack thereof....& realize how badly I need dining room chairs!?....Add that to my list!!....)
   

3 comments:

Anonymous,  July 19, 2013 at 5:23 AM  

Heidi, I'm so glad you've gotten settled and your new home looks like "you". Enjoy the process but don't kill yourself doing it. LOL Can't wait to see more.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions July 20, 2013 at 6:03 AM  

Good luck in your new home, Heidi! That is the nice thing about moving into a new place, decorating it and making it your own. When we moved {almost two years ago}, I took the opportunity to use it as a blank slate and be able to decorate according to how my tastes have changed.

cakegirl July 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM  

Heidi, congratulations on your new home. Such an exciting time. I bet your head is exploding with fabulous decoration ideas. Can't wait to see the progress.
Xoxo

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP